Hearty and satisfying dry beef hor fun or kway teow that you can try if you fancy trying out on your own instead of hawker style. Do note that hor fun noodles are broader than kway teow.
Serves 3 to 4 pax (Depends on how greedy you are ^^)
Cooking time : 6 mins
Preparation time : 15 minutes with 1 hour marinating time
Ingredients for beef hor fun
- 250g tender sirloin beef
- 2 tablespoons rice win
- 1.5 tablespoons of finely minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 500g kway teow or hor fun
- 2 tables poons fark soy sauce
- 150ml water
- 3 green onions sliced into short lengths
Steps to beef hor fun recipe
- Slice beef into thin strips.
- Mix beef strips with rice wine, minced ginger, black pepper, oyster sauce and sesame oil.
- Marinate for 1 hour, covered and refrigerated.
- After 1 hour, mix in cornstarch into beef marinate.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of cooking oil into wok over high heat until smoking.
- Quickly stir-fry kway teow or hor fun with dark soy sauce for about 2 minutes, stiring and tossing vigorously until kway teow or hor fun are slightly browned with wok hey.
- Remove kway teow or hor fun from wok.
- Add remaining cooking oil to wok and fry beef for about 2 minutes.
- Add water and previously fried kway teow or hor fun into wok.
- Fry for about 1 minute.
- Add sliced green onions and toss well for 30 seconds till they wilt.
- Serve and enjoy!